Tuesday, September 18, 2012


Bienvenido! 

The city of San Miguel de Allende
    Hey everyone (who are you guys, anyway?). Thanks for checking out my blog, in which I will attempt to keep you updated on my life as an intern at the Rural Education Institute of Mexico. I'll be writing not only about my work as the assistant director of programming for a small non-profit in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, but also about my experiences as a Canadian living in Latin America. Having only ever blogged before about such exciting and relevant topics as Victorian poetry and psychoanalytic criticism, I hope to manage to somehow entertain, inform, and engage whoever happens to stumble upon this page. My work here is something I feel very passionate about, and I hope I can share some of that excitement with future volunteers, Latin American Studies students, family, and friends. Thanks for reading!

Me, in Jalpa, one of the rural communities in which REIMEX works



   Hola a todos. Gracias por ver mi blog, en la que intentare informarles sobre mi vida trabajando para el Instituto de Educación Rural de México. Voy a escribir no solo sobre mi estancia como interna para una pequeña organización non-gubernamental, sino también trato de la experiencia de ser una mujer canadiense viviendo en Latinoamérica. Aunque en el pasado solo he escrito un blog sobre cosas tan emocionantes y pertinentes como la poesía de la edad victoriana y la teoria psicoanalítica, espero que este esfuerzo sea ambos informativa e interesante. Mi trabajo aquí es algo sobre que me siento muy apasionada, y ojala que tenga éxito en compartir estos sentimientos con voluntarios del futuro, estudiantes de los estudios latinoamericanos, mi familia y mis amigos. Gracias por leer!

                                                                                                              -Natalia

La Parroquia in downtown San Miguel
Nopales, or cacti, are everywhere. And I love both eating them and looking at them. I also love alliteration; hence, the blog name.

No comments:

Post a Comment